Now if you have played this game before, just play along or check out.
This game was introduced to me some 20 years ago, I got a kick out of it then and you may now.
First get a pencil and paper to write down your answers to a few questions. I will wait a moment.
WARNING IF YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY THIS GAME DO NOT READ TO THE END PRIOR TO ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS. IT WILL SPOIL IT FOR YOU!
Ok, here’s the premise. We are going on a journey, a long journey, destination unknown.
- You can take a long 3 things with you on this journey, what three things are you going to take?
Write them down.
- As we walk along we come upon a large, deep fast flowing river. What do we do?
Write down your answer.
- We continue on, off in the distance we see an old house, from this house we hear what sounds like screams. Write down what we do now.
- We then spot what looks like a corner of a box sticking out of the ground, upon further examination we dig up the box finding a gold key within. What do we do? Write it down.
- Now we come upon a massive concrete block wall. This wall is so high we cannot get over it and so wide we cannot get around it. What is behind the wall? Write it down.
Did you write down all your answers? If not, do so now.
OK here are what your answers tell us.
- The three items you listed to take with you are the three most important things in your life right now.
- This response indicates what you would do in the event of an unexpected obstacle in your life.
- This response indicates what you would do in the event of a possible scary circumstance occurs in your life.
- This response indicates what you have in an imaginative mind.
- And finally this response indicates what you picture as life after death.
An interesting twist to this game would be to gather 2 or 3 close friends or family members and play the game having each person write down their responses for what they would do and also for what they think the other players would do.
This would give us a peek into the question posed by Robert Burns “o wad some pow’r the gifte gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!
Anyway have fun with this.